On 26th of February, we delivered 10 recommendations to the European Commission. Hobetuz thinks that continuous training is a crucial element for competitiveness and SMEs face internal and external barriers in current economic and social context. We highligthed that Lifelong learning and Continuous Vocational Training (CVT) is a key element in a new and global…Details
The study gives an overview of labour shortages, looking at their types and causes, their occurrence and possible measures to counter them.
It has found no overall quantitative shortages at EU level. However, it has detected qualitative shortages – where labour demand and labour supply are roughly balanced, but a large share of unfilled vacancies and a high unemployment rate exist simultaneously – in several regions, sectors, occupations and Member States.
Employers and Member States are the prime actors to deal with labour shortages effectively, e.g. through bringing more people into the labour market, attracting workers from abroad, training the (un)employed etc. The EU can play an important supporting role through its influence on intra-EU mobility, by increasing labour market transparency and by using structural funds as supportive frameworks.
Training matters… attend and discover how to turn learning into doing.
Skill-Building Content. Extensive opportunities to refresh and renew your skills in sessions presented by seasoned practitioners and train-the-trainer professionals.
Short-term based anticipatory system for the European labour market trends, skills developments and VET policy.
Cedefop organises the second international meeting on Short-term Sector-Based Anticipatory System (SBAS)
EU Training Institutions
The European e-Skills Association (EeSA) is a community of stakeholders supporting the development of e-skills and digital literacy in Europe. EeSA builds on the success of the e-Skills Industry Leadership Board (e-Skills ILB) supported by DG Enterprise and Industry of the European Commission.
Thematic focus on ‘Apprenticeship-type schemes and work-based learning structured programmes’
The economic crisis has hit young people particularly hard and more young people face increasing difficulties in setting their foothold into the labour market
5 Guards Against Professional Skills Training that Seems Generic
As long as people work with one another, professional skills will be essential. No matter how great one’s technical knowledg
Current week posts (16th-24th May)
‘Skillset and match’ special Cedefop 40th anniversary edition is out!
A special edition of Skillset and matchmagazine celebrating Cedefop’s 40th anniversary is now available to read and download.
On the way to 2020: data for vocational education and training policies
European policy-making in vocational education and training (VET) needs to be supported by sound evidence.
In this report, Cedefop has selected a set of 33 indicators to quantify some key aspects of VET and lifelong learning
Stronger vocational education and training for better lives
We seized the opportunity to enjoy with Youngsup Choi in HOBETUZ headquarter of Bilbao. He is a senior research fellow of Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training (KRIVET) with Ph. D. Degree of economics from Korea university in 1996. For around twenty years, as a labor economist, he has been involved in diverse research projects mainly focusing on the…Details
Competency-based learning is an approach to education that focuses on the student’s demonstration of desired learning outcomes as central to the learning process. It is concerned chiefly with a student’s progression through curriculum at their own pace, depth, etc. As competencies are proven, students continue to progress. Successful models demonstrate that competency-based education (CBE) can…Details
Make PROPOSALS and get SOLUTIONS
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT professionals face many challenges in our environments, that is why we would like you to participate by sending your questions, proposals, problems to the issues presented, at the same time solutions and recommendations will be welcome.
Your contributions will benefit all. Let`s go
How should be the evaluation approach after training activity carried out?
Training and development activities must be evaluated, in respect of their effectiveness from both an organisational and a personal perspective. There are several ways in which this can be done.The staff member and line manager should also agree how the training will be put into practice and what, if any, support will be required to implement the learning from the training undertaken. See more.
The process of training and development is most effective when each individual takes responsibility for his or her own learning. This includes taking an active role in planning one’s own personal development, undertaking agreed development activities, more…more..
SMEs should conduct a needs assessment using experienced subject matter experts to make sure trainees are ready and motivated for training.More…
In Australia, a study on completed traineeships found that the trainees viewed the system very positively, with 91% of trainees ‘somewhat agreeing’ or ‘strongly agreeing’ that the traineeship was valuable More…
I would like to express my very great appreciation to all my professional colleagues for their enthusiastic support and guidance during my professional career. I have been extremely lucky to have colleagues with friendly attitude and willingness to carry out professional tasks together.
- Dear Javier, I would like to thank you for the opportunity to cooperate with you on project "Continuing Training Management models updating comaptible with current economic and social context: SMEs continuing training. Discussion and case studies from across the EU". Your professionalism, always positive attitude, vocational and human relationship to all partners is an inspiration to me. I believe that I will have the opportunity to work with you more.Martin Kostolný
- Congratulations, Javier. Your website is smart, well-structured, restrained (with a touch of mild sophistication)... The layout is quite clear and intuitive and the contents varied, full of nuances like life itself, but coherently displayed... Take all this and mix it up with a touch of warm closeness... Here you have, Javi: your website is almost like you!Esther Elexgaray
- I met Javier many years ago during a CIPD Conference in Great Britain and we started working together to implement the International Project on \"Diversity in the Workplace\". At that time Javier as Vice President of ETDF - www.etdf-fefd.eu - was the leader of an international stearing committee and was able to produce a very high quality material that is still, and even more now, valuable due the present economic and social situation. I would very much like to continue and develop this research, creating a new working group. He is very enthusiastic and perseverant in aiming and realizeng his objectives.Above all, is a very good friend. Good wishes from Milan, hoping that you, Javier, and all the colleague that congratulate you and appreciate this new website of yours.Elio Vera
Founder Partner & President. CESMA Centre for Executive Studies in Management & Administration
- He trabajado con Javier en la Planificación de Consultoría y Formación Orientada a proyecto final. Su calidad como consultor y como personaje ha facilitado enormemente la consecución de los objetivos fijados. Sin duda, uno del de los profesionales cualificados más con los que he tenido el placer de coincidir.Iñaki Cáceres
Director de Formación y Consultoría en Ipartek Servicios Informáticos
- He tenido la suerte de trabajar y compartir experiencias con Javier, Lo que me ha permitido conocer de cerca su trayectoria profesional y personal. Para mi ha sido muy inspirador su profesionalidad, do inquietud mejorar, su dinamismo y Su pasión por lo que hace. Pero además de ésto, en su faceta de humana, su empatía, lo que hace de el alguien muy especial, alguien del que aprender cada dia.Mariana Ruíz Golvano
Relaciones Socios Innobasque
- Javier es un gran profesional, he tenido el placer de trabajar con él y es una persona metódica, perfeccionista, comprometida con lo que hace y que siempre tiene un mensaje de positividad.Jorge Edwards
- “Hace más de diez años que conozco a Javier y hemos trabajado juntos en la Asociación Aedipe en proyectos relacionados con la formación y el desarrollo. Su entusiasmo, pasión, capacidad de trabajo y visión transnacional supone una sólida base para la puesta en marcha de este proyecto. Conociendo su competencia profesional apuesto decididamente por el éxito que en estos momentos es una necesidad en nuestro País.”Antonio Barba
Director de Personas y Oganización, Detea
- Conozco a Javier desde hace algunos años, (ya décadas) y he tenido la oportunidad de seguir su evolución profesional. Hemos coincidido por nuestra actividad en diferentes foros y Javier ha demostrado siempre una gran seriedad en el trabajo, rigurosidad y compromiso. Muy implicado con su trabajo, ha mostrado siempre interés en conocer y aprender de otras realidades, proyectando siempre empatía y mostrandose facilitador ante los obstáculosIsabel Urbano
Dirección de proyectos de Marketing e Innovación en INNDIKO,S.L.
- Javier es un gran profesional con una notable inquietud por avanzar y mejorar, manteniendo siempre la perspectiva y la cercanía personal. Su trayectoria profesional sólo se ve superada por sus valores humanos. A mi juicio combina perfectamente el foco profesional con la empatía humana. Javieres hay más, Javier Armaolea sólo hay uno. Te animo a que lo confirmes.Jorge Garcia Del Arco
- Javier es un profesional orientado a la mejora continua, preocupado por la adopción de nuevos conocimientos y siempre orientado a resultados. Como persona es una de las más empáticas y sociables que conozco. Cualquier proyecto, incluya instituciones públicas, empresa privada o asociaciones, que le sea asignado lo desarrollará con eficacia y pragmatismo en el mejor ambiente para su equipo.@DRuizUceta
Founder of Smartup, Todostartups & partner at Socialitas.es & Fishermanmedia. I-strategy lecturer & author of The Connected Enterprise
- Javier es un experto metódico, especializado en gestión de diversidad, con amplia experiencia internacional. Proactivo y dinamizador. Investigador y analítico.Eva Triviño
Managing Director en Artistas Diversos
- Javier is a high professional manager, always keen on advising & consulting added value solutions. Collegue at ETDF, as member of the board I worked with Javier, several times within Europe cities.Good friend and innovative manager.Manuel Peixoto
Training Director & Coach - Leader - Portuguese Coaching Group at APG - Associação Portuguesa de Gestão das Pessoas